The right thing to do is deactivate the user and not delete. This is because a user is associated with many entities in Celoxis. Users can be deactivated and reactivated any time. As soon as a user is disabled, she/he is no longer counted in the license count, but all data connected to that user is preserved.
To deactivate a User:
- From the main menu, click on View and under People section, click on Users.
- From the actions drop-down beside the user name, click on Deactivate.
- From the drop-down, select the user to whom all the current responsibilities of the user being deactivated need to be re-assigned.
- Click Deactivate. The resource is Deactivated.
The responsibilities of the user being deactivated include the following:
- Open Projects where the user is the PM.
- Open tasks assigned to the user.
- States in Apps where the user plays the State Manager role.
- App items assigned to the user.
- Role memberships for Projects and Apps.
- User-specific data like events, contacts, etc. are deleted.