Often over the course of a project, clients want to view the current timeline of their projects. In Celoxis, there are two ways in which you can share the project’s Gantt with the client:
Sharing a Gantt Report
- Click on Main Toolbar > Reports > All Reports
- Click Add > Task
- Enter a name for the report.
- Under Visible to Clients drop-down select -All- or a particular client with whom you want to share the report. If you select a particular client, the report will be shared only with that client. If you select -All- then the report will be available to all clients. They can, however, only see their projects.
- Choose the appropriate filters in the Filters tab.
- In the Output tab, select Gantt from the second level of tabs. Pick the columns you wish to show in the report. There are also a few other display options to consider.
- Save the report.
Clients are now able to access this report from their portals under Main Toolbar > Reports.
Creating a Gantt View within the Project
You can also create a project view and share it with the client. This way the client can directly access a project’s timeline from within the project.
- Go to Project Management section under Administration. You must have the administration rights to access this section.
- Follow the Project Views link under this section.
- Click Add > Task and follow the same steps as in creating the Gantt Report above. Make sure that you set Visibility to Clients to -All-. This ensures that each client gets to see his/her project(s) in their respective portals.
When a client logs into his/her portal and follows a project link from his/her dashboard, s/he can access this project timeline.