As you know that the task worksheet functionality has been replaced by the Gantt chart. The Gantt has been enhanced significantly improved to provide all the functionality of the worksheet. Let me explain how you can achieve all this from the Gantt now.
- Adding Tasks - You can add tasks to your project plan by clicking on the Add icon on the Gantt. For creating multiple tasks at one go, you can use the Multiple option under it. Later, you can modify the attributes of these tasks by selecting the appropriate columns on the Grid part of the Gantt.
- Selecting columns - You can select the columns of your choice on the Gantt. For this, you need to select the columns from the 'Columns' option on the Gantt.
You can add multiple columns like you did on the task worksheet and edit the values of them from the grid itself. The individual cells on the Gantt allow you to modify the values of the task.
- Moving your tasks as per your project plan : You can indent, outdent the tasks OR Move the task up or down by dragging the task up and down from the grid part of the Gantt. The Copy, Cut, Paste functions allow you a quick way to re-organize the tasks.
- You can collapse the entire Gantt (pictorial) part of the Gantt to show only the columns of the Gantt. It is useful when you want to only see all the columns on the grid part and do the changes inline.
- Assign/Replace resources on the task : Similar to task worksheet, you can Assign/Replace users on task(s)
- Updating task progress : You can fill the update on the tasks by using the Progress option on the Gantt. The % Complete column on the Grid also allows you to fill the task progress. The PM can use the Request Progress Update option to request his/her team members to update their task progress
- The other features on the worksheet like the Export to CSV, Print, etc is also available on the Gantt. Please refer the link below for a detailed explanation of all the actions that are permissible from the Gantt: https://celoxis.atlassian.net/wiki/x/JgAbAQ
We do understand it is not as efficient for bulk edits as the worksheet but we couldn't support the worksheet anymore for a number of reasons and decided to focus on making the interactive Gantt better.